I love Chicken! Especially with a sauce. If you like Mushrooms and Chicken you will love this dish.
It’s a quick recipe and you don’t need a lot of ingredients. You will need fresh chicken breast, fresh mushrooms, an onion, some garlic, white wine (any wine that isn’t too sweet will do), heavy cream and chicken broth. I didn’t have any fresh herbs so I used dry thyme. Parsley or oregano is also suitable.
First you start with the chicken. You have to hammer the chicken using a tenderizer and plastic wrap. Put each piece of chicken breast between the plastic wrap and hammer the chicken with the tenderizer. Don’t hammar it too hard, that you don’t break the meat fibers. You can skip this part, but I have made the experience, that the meat is softer and tender, when you do it.
The next step is to saute the meat. Place a large pan over medium heat and add 3 Tbsp Olive oil to lightly coat the pan. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken breast and saute until golden brown. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. You can also use different spices. When the meat is done, put the chicken breast in a baking dish. Don’t clean the pan yet, it will still be needed for the sauce.
Now you have to make the sauce. First cut the mushrooms. You can cut them in halves or however you like them. Then you cut the onion and garlic. Place the pan, that was used before, over medium heat. Into the pan put 2 Tbsp. Olive oil and 2 Tbsp. butter. Once the oil and butter are hot, put in the mushrooms, onions and garlic. Allow the mushrooms to sear for 6 minutes, while stirring them.
Put the mushrooms over the Chicken breast in the baking dish.
Put the pan over high heat and add the white wine. Let it simmer, till it’s reduced by half. Add heavy cream and Chicken broth and let it simmer for another 5 minutes on medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Then put the sauce over the chicken and mushrooms. Sprinkle the herbs on top.
Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Bake the Chicken for 30 minutes. This time I served it with Spaetzle. It’s a type of Pasta made with eggs and a German speciality. But you can use any other side dishes, like potatoes or rice.
Ingredients serves 4
- 4 Chicken breast
- 1 lb Mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Cup heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup White wine
- 1/2 Cup Chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Using a mallet, pound down the chicken breast. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and allow to brown on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side. Don’t worry if the chicken isn’t cooked completely, it’ll be finished in the oven. Remove the chicken and place it into a baking dish.
- Heat 2 Tbsp Butter and 2 Tbsp Olive oil over medium high heat , add the mushrooms, onions and garlic to the skillet.
- Allow the mushrooms to sear for 6 minutes, while stirring them.
- Put the mushrooms over the chicken.
- Put 1/2 cup wine in the skillet, cook on high heat till it’s reduced by half. Add 2 Cups heavy cream and 1/2 Cup Chicken broth. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake for 30 minutes.